Saturday, September 19, 2009

I talked to the doctors this morning. They decided to do a CT scan instead of a MRI yesterday, it's less invasive. I haven't heard the results of that yet. The results of the Venogram (picture of the veins) is that they found blockages, and veins that are finding another route to the heart. But what they found should not affect the oxygen sats. So they are going ahead with a Cardiac Cath on Wednesday, but not to coil or clamp any veins, it'll be just to measure pressures in her heart & lungs. Her oxygen sats today are a little higher, they're not sure why. The Cath should help them to resolve some of the questions hopefully. You can pray that Sara will eat more, other than that there shouldn't be any changes until after the Cath surgery in Wed.
I had a great day visiting with my father-in-law, Larry. We also saw Heather & AJ, Grandpa, Auntie Linda & Uncle Myrl. It was a lot of fun and nice to get out for a while.
I love that even though she's going through this all she's still happy and having fun playing with toys. It just brightens my day! Thank you Jesus! Love you all, Karey

3 comments:

Joliesa & Mitch said...

Kare,

I hope you are having a great day, and that tomorrow will be so much better! Give Sara big hugs for me! And I'm sending big hugs your way too. Miss you tons!! Hang in there! <3<3<3<3<3 Love you!

Wendy Benedetti said...

My name is Wendy Benedetti and I live in grants pass ORegon USA and Katee Cobb is a dear sweet friend of mine and I want you to know I am praying my heart out for Sara !!!!! I LOVe chidren, Katee knows me well ;) God bless you and my God bless Sara and bring her complete healing, Miracles do happen every day :)

Anonymous said...

Karey,
Just checking up on you guys while I'm at work ;) sad that you aren't at home yet, but glad that sara is getting to play lots and you are getting some visiting in. Just had to comment about your last picture... I don't see you guys enough I guess, but I am amazed at how much Sara looks like you and Joel combined(probably obvious I know, but I'm still amazed :) Miss you!
Carolyn