Sunday, August 19, 2012
On the transplant list, and now she's improving...
After 3 surgeries in 4 days, Sara is improving. We're on the transplant list and waiting to see how she does with her own heart. The levetronix heart pump is running at 80% now, and they're watching to see how well her heart handles that. We're praying that her kidney & liver function improves, they've been hit hard with these surgeries because of the medications and the by-pass machine. We're thankful that her bleeding has continued to improve and the surgery today to remove the clot was sucessful. Thanks for praying with us!
Saturday, August 18, 2012
Waiting, and more waiting...
So after a long day of waiting, we are still waiting to see how Sara will do. She had another surgery this morning to clean out the blood clots and fluid from around the heart. A very simple procedure that went well. They are still trying to manage the bleeding but she seems to be doing better that way. We talked with the transplant team today and all the tests are done that they need to do before listing her. Our surgeon is calling them this evening to get her on the list, so we will find out if she's on the list tomorrow morning. This does not mean a transplant will for sure happen, it just means if a heart becomes available Sara has a shot at getting it. She is going back into surgery tomorrow morning to remove a blood clot from her right ventricle. That should make more room for the left side to do it's job. There is still a chance for the fontan to work, but as we wait and see, at least she will be listed.
Here are a couple pictures before Sara went into surgery and after. Sorry if they are too graphic, but our intent is to document and update everyone on our journey. Thanks for all your prayers, we're so thankful for each one!
Here are a couple pictures before Sara went into surgery and after. Sorry if they are too graphic, but our intent is to document and update everyone on our journey. Thanks for all your prayers, we're so thankful for each one!
Friday, August 17, 2012
Maybe the transplant list?
Sara had a rough night. They struggled with controlling the bleeding, thankfully it has decreased. her kidneys aren't doing well, but she isn't in need of dialysis. She is on many medications and looking quite purple, but she looks better today then when we saw her last night. There is a blood clot on her right side (the closed off side), but it seems not to be bothering her left side, but the right side is still very large and compresses the left side so it's function isn't so good. Because she isn't coping well with the surgery, so she is on an external pump. Now they are talking about getting her on the transplant list, so they are testing her right now and we'll know more tomorrow. If she goes on the list, she will be the top priority. So that means a nation wide search for a heart. We know it comes with many issues of it's own, but because of how sick she is right now most of the doctors think it is the best option for Sara. Things still could change, so we'll update as we get chances to do so.
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement! Love the Congo's
Thanks for your prayers and encouragement! Love the Congo's
Wednesday, August 15, 2012
Surgery at 11am tomorrow!
Today we're getting ready for Sara's surgery- baths, laundry, dishes, picking out what toys will come with us, and taking pictures of my girls! It will be a while before Sara's back on her feet again, and they're just too cute! Her surgery is scheduled for tomorrow at 11am, thanks for praying for us.
Tuesday, August 7, 2012
New surgery Date... again!
Sara won't be having her surgery tomorrow, it has been bumped because of emergency surgeries coming in. So it's scheduled for August 17th, but if there's a cancellation they'll book us in sooner. All the tests are done- the Echo, ECG & bloodwork is all set and ready. It was a long day at the Stollery. So we're glad to be home now, time for a nap! Hopefully we can keep Sara well! This is the longest she's been healthy since wintertime. Thanks for keeping us in your prayers :)
Tuesday, July 31, 2012
Sara's Open Heart Surgery for August 8th
We've almost made it to the date! Sara's feeling well, and doing well this time! We're praying that she stays healthy, and that the surgery August 8th goes as planned! We'll be keeping the blog updated, and we'll be in for the pre-admission clinic on the 7th, and then find out the time of the surgery. Thanks for thinking of us & especially Sara in your prayers.
Update on Joel's hand:
His surgery & recovery went well, he's back to work now! After spending so much time together, it's really hard to have him away working. Hopefully he'll be closer to home on the next job he goes to. We are thankful for the work, God is providing!
Update on Joel's hand:
His surgery & recovery went well, he's back to work now! After spending so much time together, it's really hard to have him away working. Hopefully he'll be closer to home on the next job he goes to. We are thankful for the work, God is providing!
Thursday, May 10, 2012
Sara's Surgery Postponed
Sara will get a new surgery date when she is well again. We just can't risk going ahead with it with a sick little girl. So we'll post the new date when the surgery is rescheduled. Please pray that she is well soon! Thanks again!
Wednesday, May 9, 2012
Joel's surgery today
Joel had his wrist partially fused back in 2005, since then he's had some pain in the movement at the joint. Aparently the pain in his wrist was the pin slowly cutting through his tendon to his thumb. He doesn't even know what time it wore through but he said it felt like his hand was cramping up, and then he noticed he couldn't move his thumb! That happened on Monday April 23rd.
So today they took the extra tendon from his pointer finger and attached it to his thumb. He'll be in a cast for a couple weeks, then have a brace and start physio to build up strength in his hand again.
Thanks for praying, so far he is recovering well!
So today they took the extra tendon from his pointer finger and attached it to his thumb. He'll be in a cast for a couple weeks, then have a brace and start physio to build up strength in his hand again.
Thanks for praying, so far he is recovering well!
Tuesday, May 8, 2012
Sara's health
The surgery date is coming up on us fast. And to be ready for it, Sara has to be free from colds & flus. This has been so difficult for her this spring. Right now, she has a cough. Please pray that she will get over it, and be healthy again!
Hailey is busy playing soccer 2 times a week on a Grade 1/2 team.
Subscribe to:
Posts (Atom)

